TAN SRI DATO’SRI Ar. HJ ESA HJ MOHAMED
Tan Sri Dato’ Sri Ar. Esa, an Architect and Planner, a First-Class Honours and the University Gold Medal Award in Bachelor of Architecture and Master in Town and Country Planning holder from Universities of Newcastle and Sydney, Australia.
He is the founder and the Managing Director of Akitek Jururancang (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd (AJM), responsible for several major planning and architectural projects such as;
1. Subang Jaya Township,
2. Kuala Lumpur Master Plan,
3. Putrajaya Master Plan
5. Mid Valley City,
6. Sunway Pyramid,
7. Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre,
8. Sg Buloh Hospital
9. Pagoh Education Hub, Johor.
10. Major works in China, Pakistan and Saudi Arabia
1. Past President of Pertubuhan Akitek Malaysia PAM),
2. Co-Chairman of NAPSEC (National Professional Services Export Council) under MATRADE
3. member of the Board of Architects Malaysia (LAM) in charge of International Affairs,
4. Immediate Past-President of International Union of Architects (UIA),
5. Past Chairman of ARCASIA,
6. the 1st Chairman of the ASEAN Architect Council from 2009 to 2011
7. Fellow Akademi Sains Malaysia.
His awards include;
1. Aga Khan Award for Architecture in 2001
2. PAM Gold Medal,
3. Board of Architects Malaysia Presidential Medal
4. Construction Industry Player of the Year Award by Construction Industry Development Board (CIDB) in 2002,
5. Institution of Surveyors Malaysia (ISM) Excellence Award 2003 for his Outstanding Contribution to the Property and Construction Industry
6. Balai Iktisas Malaysia Professional Excellence Award in Engineering, Construction and Property from BIM in 2013.
7. the Honorary Doctor of Architecture by the University of Newcastle NSW, Australia on 20th April 2005.
8. Australian Distinguished Alumni Award 2014